CAR WON'T GO PAST RPMS

2000 Chrysler Concorde

skeet02

May, 8, 2006 AT 10:55 AM

I own a 2000 Chrysler Concorde with 2.7L engine. Just recenly my car stopped shifting past 2000 rpms while driving. No matter how fast I go the rpms will not go past 2000. It also hesitates, or jerks when accelerating. Any ideas on what the problem is? I had my car scanned and was told I needed new speed sensors. Had these replaced and car is still having the same problem. Please help!

importbasher89

May, 8, 2006 AT 5:13 PM

New speed sensors? Are these weel speed sensors.
Or is it one speed sensor (mounted on the transmission)Did you have your car rescaned after the repair?If so what came up?If not you need to have it scaned again. To see if the repair fixed the code. Let me know what happens

SB

May, 9, 2006 AT 9:03 PM

Im not sure what road speed you are traveling at but when the engine can't breath it won't be able to rev. See if you have an exhaust restriction (the cat).

vandragon

May, 12, 2006 AT 10:20 AM

I second the cat converter, even though I have seen the sensor do some really crazy things. The car is six plus years old. You didn't mention the miles on it but if it's not over 85,000 there is a secret warrenty that covers the cat converter. Call a chrysler arbutrator (i know I spelled that wrong) and find out. Thats all the info I have. Hope this helped. Vandragon

importbasher89

May, 25, 2006 AT 8:11 AM

Thanks for the replies but the car is fixed the problem was a timing belt missing some teeth causing it to jump time

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars