2004 Chrysler Concorde engine error codes

CECILMOSS
  • 2004 CHRYSLER CONCORDE
Hi guys,
My check engine light came on yesterday and I took the car to autozone to have the codes read. The codes are as follows:
P0700 trans contol sys malfunction
P0871 trans fluid pressure
P0441 evap emissions control
I purchased a service manual for the car but it is not very helpfull concerning these error codes. Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thanks
Saturday, October 10th, 2009 AT 11:03 AM

CH112063
If you purchased a Chrysler service manual you have made a smart purchase. The website you are on has more imformation clearly describing the theory of operation concerning the engine, fuel system, transmission, and emmission control system. These two places are two of four necessary items for repairing these code related problems.
Special tools and experience make up the other two. An auto zone scan helps autozone to help you purchase the parts that may or may not repair your car. Study the first few pages first, then group 8, 14, 21, and 25. A dealer has the DRBIII that the manual requires to diagnos and repair. Chrysler also sells it for just over 6,000.00. And even with that, there are bulletins to help the technicians.
You are on the right track to become experienced. And when it is repaired you will be more knowledgeable about the specific repairs and problems. As a technician, unfortunately, I would not be allowed to use Autozone for parts or service on a 30,000 dollar customers car.
I will always be available(as will other Chrysler techniciams) for support and advice. I advise you to have a technician use his own scan and experience to check your computers communication bus wires for each systems monitoring inputs for failures. Ok Joe
Sunday, October 11th, 2009 AT 1:44 AM
2004CONCORDE2-7
I am not a mechanic- nor even mechanically inclined- so take with grain of salt- this is only my experience- yours may be different. With so many problems I was shocked to find no one posts any answers.
My 2004 Chrysler Concorde 2.7 with 76, xxx miles - latest problem: check engine light on- drives fine. Makes bad sound when first start with cold engine. 2 seconds and sound is gone. If restarted no sound. Codes:
P0700 Generic indicating transmission problems,
P0732: Gear 2 Incorrect Ratio;
P0871: Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch "C" Circuit Range/Performance-

These codes 732 & 871 would indicate the the solenoid pressure switch assembly above the valve body which is accessed by removing the valve body through the transmission oil pan(from what I gathered from the internet. My $75.00 code reader didn't pick any other codes up.

I changed transmission fluid and filter- Still same codes. So I finally broke down and took it to a mechanic, I told the mechanic the codes- I figured if he don't know what they mean then I don't want him working on my car. If the first this out of his mouth was a rebuild same thing. He did know what they meant and said that they were probably the solenoids above the valve assembly. So I said ok let's get started. He then hooked his code reader up and an additional code was found:

P0944 Hydraulic Pressure Unit Loss of Pressure.

Bingo- that would explain the other code problems- transmission oil pump went bad. Had to replace- Simple? Na- have to rebuild the transmission and replace the solenoids while at it. But I'm ok with that- That did appear to be the problem and it was not just the first thing out of his mouth. I believe to have gotten a good deal at only$1,400.

Again I'm not a mechanic - this is only what happened to me- I hope this helps some one. Good luck
Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 AT 10:01 PM