Alarm Sytem

FCOWENAR
  • 1997 CHRYSLER CONCORDE

Electrical problem 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 76000 miles

The alarm system in the car is not letting start the engine. Lights will come up but when I start the engine or open the driver's door the alarm always go off. Is there anyway that I can bypass the alarm system or fix the problem? I tried the battery to reset the alarm but it did not work.

Friday, June 25th, 2010 AT 9:25 PM

2CARPROS KEN

It sounds like the switch in the drivers door latch could be bad this is where the alarm receives the signal when you unlock the door. Can you try you remote to unlock the car?

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

If that still doesn't work then you may have an BCM that has gone out. I would try a used one to save money. It will need to be programmed to the car

A diagnostics test mode is available in the system to verify operation of all monitored switches or circuits. To enter diagnostics, use the scan tool (DRE) and Vehicle Theft Security System Diagnostic Procedure.

At this time the horn will pulse twice to indicate that the trunk key cylinder is in its proper position. Placing the key in the ignition will allow the warning lamp, headlamps and park/tail lamps to be checked for proper flashing operation. Remove the ignition key from the ignition switch in order to check for door lock cylinder switch operation. At the completion of each of the following operations, a horn pulse will occur to indicate proper operation. Each action must be separated by a minimum of one second or horn pulse will not occur.
Activate the power door locks in both the lock and unlock positions.
Open then close each door one at a time.
Rotate the key in each of the door lock cylinder to the unlock position.
Cycle the ignition switch key to the ON position as the last step. A single horn pulse will indicate proper operation of the ignition switch. This will also take the system out of the stand alone diagnostic mode.
The self diagnostic mode may also be exited by using the scan tool.

Activating the Remote Keyless Entry System (RKE) to exercise any of the above inputs will also cause the horn to pulse. When the RKE lock button is pressed, the RKE module itself will also pulse the horn. This is part of the RKE normal operation.

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers, Ken

Saturday, September 30th, 2017 AT 8:06 PM
URBUDDIE
  • 1998 CHRYSLER CONCORDE

If you lock the car, it will randomly decide that the alarm should go off. If you prevent the car from automatically locking, you can prevent the alarm from being armed. However, the other problem which I think is related is that there are times when the car will simply not start. If you go back later, it does start and is then fine for a while, sometimes weeks.

I think it might a problem in the factory alarm that thinks you are trying to steal it. It would seem like there must be a way to disarm it. If you were going to add an after market alarm system, wouldn't you have to disarm the factory alarm?

I would like to disable the alarm system and see if that clears the problem. Plus I could start locking the car again.

Saturday, September 30th, 2017 AT 8:06 PM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371

You are best off letting a place that specializes in alarms to direct you.

-2
CONCORD94
  • 1994 CHRYSLER CONCORDE

1994 Chrysler Concorde 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 14000 miles

How to reset the alarm

Use the key to unlock the door.

-1