1995 CHRYSLER CONCORDE 1995 CONCORDE - ENGINE STARTS FOR 2-

• concorde_blues
  • 1995 Chrysler Concorde

1995 Chrysler Concorde 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

After cranking the engine starts but only briefly and then stops. What would cause this?

I have noticed: the blower is stuck in the high position and the power locks do not work.
I have checked the battery and all of the fuses and these are fine. The cables to the throttle are fine. I have removed the fuse for the blower so I could hear the fuel pump when placing the key in the start position.

I am thinking that maybe the car has a security system. Tried using the key on the passenger door but this did not work. I am stumped as there is little information about security systems online - at least I cannot find it. I appreciate the help!

Monday, January 21st, 2008 AT 1:04 PM

• Jack42

Sounds like it may have to go to a shop to be scanned. The Body Control Module needs to be scanned for codes, might be why th edoor locks dont work or vice-versa. Try unlocking passenger door with ignition off and all doors closed

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 AT 7:46 AM
  • concorde_blues

Yes, I tried the passenger side door unlock with the key; also uninstalled the keyless remote entry under the dash - but to no avail.

Thanks for the reassurance - I like to try to fiux these myself but with the computers nowadays. Well you know. Thanks again, two truck is enroute. ;O)

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 AT 11:01 AM