1. Set crankshaft to TDC by aligning mark on sprocket with mark on oil pump housing, then back
off 3 notches before TDC. See Fig. 7.
***Did you back the crank 3 notches?***
2. Set camshaft sprockets by aligning timing marks on sprockets with marks on rocker covers.
See Fig. 8.
3. Install timing belt on rear camshaft sprocket first and install a binder clip to keep belt in position. Keeping belt tight, install belt underneath water pump pulley and then around front camshaft sprocket. Install another binder clip on front sprocket and belt.
4. Rotate crankshaft clockwise to TDC. See Fig. 10.
Continue routing belt by idler pulley and around crankshaft sprocket to tensioner pulley.
5. Apply rotating force to crankshaft sprocket, in clockwise direction, to tension belt. Ensure all
timing marks are aligned.
6. Using Tensioner Wrench (MD998767) and a torque wrench, apply 39 INCH lbs. (4.4 N.m) to
tensioner and tighten tensioner pulley bolt to specification.
7. With torque being applied to tensioner pulley, install tensioner to tensioner pulley bracket and
tighten bolts to specification. Pull tensioner plunger
8. Rotate crankshaft 2 revolutions clockwise, and check alignment of timing marks. Install
tensioner pin into assembly. Pin should slide in and out with no resistance. If pin does not slide
freely, repeat timing belt installation procedure. To complete installation, reverse removal
Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 12:00 AM