1995 CHRYSLER CIRRUS 95 CHRYSLER CIRRUS V6 WONT START

• sweet92lude
  • 1995 Chrysler Cirrus

1995 Chrysler Cirrus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

Hi, I had a problem with with my 95 chrysler cirrus 2.5l v6 where it wouldnt idle down but ran fine. I took the plenum off of the intake manifold and replaced 4 hoses with vacum leaks.
I put everything back together but now the car wont start. It turns over fine but wont crank. I verified cam pos sensor was plugged in good and all sensors/hoses on the plenum were reconnected and secure.
Im only getting 2 codes - 12 for when I disconnected the battery and 55 for end of readout.
Thx for any assistance.

Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 AT 11:35 AM

• rasmataz

Hi, sweet92lude and Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation.

Lets try looking for the correct fuel pressure and a snapping blue spark do below and let me know with some results

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 AT 2:02 PM
  • sweet92lude

Fuel is fine, no spark :( any idea what could cause this when all I did was fix a few vacum leaks? I havnt had the car very long and was told by the seller the ecu was replaced not long prior to my purchinsing the vehicle.

Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 AT 11:08 PM
  • rasmataz

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Also check and test the ASD relay

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 AT 4:46 AM
  • sweet92lude

Well seems the harness that plugs into the coil on the distributor is broke. None of the local auto parts stores can get another and I dont want to get a whole engine bay harness. Any ideas where I could find this clip? None of the junkyards have a v6 model to get one either

Friday, August 6th, 2010 AT 12:41 PM