HEADLIGHTS GO OFF

Chrysler 5th Avenue

david65990

October, 2, 2007 AT 2:54 PM

I have a '93 Chrysler 5th Ave. 3.8 litre. About 173, 00 miles. The headlights will go off by themselves. It doesn't seem to matter if I use the headlight switch or the " automatic on" feature. I think it might be a relay behind the glove compartment. If I am using the switch, I can turn it off and on and they will come back on. I hear what sounds like the contacts on a relay shorting. All the other lights stay on. If I pull the dimmer back, the lights will come on after a short time. It doesn't seem to be the switch or the dimmer switch. I found a relay block that has 4 of the same kind of relays and one that is different. I could take the cover off of the one that is different and it looks fine. Any ideas and why are there 4 relays?

david65990

October, 2, 2007 AT 9:24 PM

Well, after a process of elimination, it turned out to be the headlight switch. Had to get one for a '92 model though ($16.99), A-zone, didn't list mine under '93, plugged it in and everything is working so far. Thanks anyway.

Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini