FUEL FILLTER OR FUEL PUMP

1991 Chrysler 5th Avenue

rlanham

April, 27, 2010 AT 9:09 AM

1991 Chrysler 5th Avenue 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive 94267 miles

Ok my car was running great, I drove it yesterday to the store all was good. When I came out I started it and backed up the car stalled, I restarted it and when I gave it gas it was puttering then it died and wont start back up. It cranks over the battery is fine im thinking its the fuel fillter or the fuel pump. How can I check them to know if they need fixed? Thanks

April, 29, 2010 AT 4:05 AM

Cranks but no start condition: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe