1. Oil is changed every 3 months (approx. 2650 miles).
2. Tires rotated at every oil change
3. Transmission Fluid recently replaced during recall work.
4. Just had radiator flushed & cleaned
5. Replaced engine air filter when dirty. (Always more frequent than suggested)
About 2 months ago I started to notice a drop in my fuel efficiency. I started to monitor miles per gallon and I have gone from 21mpg to roughly 15mpg.
To help with fuel economy (after noticing this change) I decided to purchase and install a K&N Filter that fits the stock intake housing. This has not improved the gas milage although I have noticed an increase in horsepower.
The PCV valve is due for replacement and I am going in this week to take care of it. I researched to see if this could be the problem for the fuel efficiency. What I found out is the PCV valve regulates engine pressure and is not directly related to fuel intake.
The does not suggest sensor replacement untill around 100,000.
I am stumped on what is causing the drastic loss in fuel efficiency.
What do you think the problem could be?
have the same problem?
Wednesday, September 6th, 2006 AT 11:31 AM