2004 CHRYSLER 300 VEHICLE INTERMITTMENTLY WILL CRANK BUT NO

• adbanks
  • 2004 Chrysler 300

2004 Chrysler 300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 165500 miles

My vehicle has a problem that has been occurring more and more frequently. After driving to the store or to work 10-15 miles (and then sitting for 30 min to 3 hours), it cranks but does not start. If I remove the key and wait 10-30 minutes, it then cranks without issue and runs perfectly.

Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 5:13 PM

• rasmataz

Do below to determine if it's a fuel or spark problem:

Cranks and w/n start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 8:28 PM