2001 CHRYSLER 300 ENGINE TICKING/KNOCKING

• branje
  • 2001 Chrysler 300

2001 Chrysler 300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100297 miles

started with serpentine and v belts breaking. I replaced both belts. All pulleys did move freely. I dont believe car overheated while driving it back home to repair. It was driven about 2 miles though without those belts. Engine is now tapping and stalling out. Cant go past 40mph. Check engine light blinking. Codes showed miss in 3 cylinders. One shop said engine is shot. They pulled valve covers. Another mechanic friend of mine listened to car and immediately said he could fix with new lifters and engine didnt need replaced. I dont know what to think now. Dont want to keep wasting money and car still wont run.

Tuesday, September 8th, 2009 AT 7:48 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

If you drove 2 miles without the waterpump running, it overheated. WIthout hearing it, it's hard for me to say. If the engine runs but has a ticking sound, chances are lifters may fix it, but I can't be sure.

Thursday, September 17th, 2009 AT 9:46 PM