CHEVY STALLING AND SLUGGISH ENGIN

2006 Chevrolet Vivant

William A. Lee

June, 19, 2009 AT 11:43 AM

2006 Chevy Vivant 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 6980 miles

I am not sure if this is a front wheel drive. (I don't have a manual.) I just purchased this car and it is having an inimittent problem. When I get to an incline, if I stop, when I press the gas again, the car doesn't seem to want to go ahead, (like a " stall" ) then when I put it in reverse, the gear " jumps" into it (with a sound.) The engin light also comes on. Then as I am driving after this, the car seems to want to stall (or go in a lowerr gear) when I press the gas. (I woulld have the car in DRIVE.) After I stop and take the key out (once or twice, ) the car seems to return to normal, and the engin light goes out. What can be causeing this and is it an expensive repair?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

June, 19, 2009 AT 8:07 PM

What I need you to do is have the computer scanned for trouble codes. If the check engine light has come on, one will be stored in the computer. Take the car to a nationally recognized parts store and have them do it. Most will do it for free, so there is no money out of pocket to identify the problem.

Let me know what code you find and what they tell you.