2004 Chevy Venture traction control system

REPOMIKE69
  • 2004 CHEVROLET VENTURE
Service traction control message came on my display and also I could not turn on my traction control button would turn should I be conerned
Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 10:54 PM

DAVE H
Have the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer to locate the cause of the fault

Traction Control System Indicator(s)
Service Traction System
The IPC illuminates the service traction system indicator in the message center when the electronic brake control module (EBCM) detects a malfunction in the traction control system. The IPC receives a class 2 message from the EBCM requesting illumination.
Traction Active
The IPC illuminates the traction active indicator in the message center when the electronic brake control module (EBCM) detects a traction control event. The IPC receives a class 2 message from the EBCM requesting illumination.
Trac Off
The IPC illuminates the trac off indicator when the electronic brake control module (EBCM) inhibits the traction control system. The IPC receives a class 2 message from the EBCM requesting illumination.
Friday, March 12th, 2010 AT 8:41 AM