1997 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 162000 miles
The van has gone through many recent repairs to fix this problem along with other symptoms, in the following order : - Changed thermostat > tuned vehincle > Changed water pump > changed thermostat > flushed radiator > flushed heater core > changed head gasket > replaced overflow hoses > performed coolant flush & replacement.
Still, the following symptoms exist :
- Temperature guage shows cold (1/3mark) on higher RPMs, and is in middle when idling
- engine & vehicle vibrate quite a bit on idle
- normal heat from heater when on idle but drops to luke warm at higher speeds/rpms.
- fuel efficiency has reduced from 20+ mpg to 17-18 mpg.
- no other warning lights/messages visible
During cold days my feet almost got a frostbite. Please advise. Thank you!
have the same problem?
Saturday, December 27th, 2008 AT 5:52 PM