Front Brakes are Dragging as vehicle heats up?

SYNERGY
  • CHEVROLET TRUCK
Helllo,

After about 20 minutes of driving my front brakes seem to be locking up on me. If left alone for about an hour to cool they are fine again.

My calipers are new and are not siezed. My flex lines are new and not collapsed.

This happen everytime like clockwork. As soon as the truck heats up after about 20 minutes of driving, I start to loose forward momentum and my brake pedal feels as hard as a rock.

Any ideas would be helpful. At this point I think I may buy a rebuilt master cylinder.
Saturday, August 4th, 2007 AT 12:20 PM

SERVICE WRITER
IF the fluid hasn't been flushed, I would recomend that as it may be boiling at the calipers.

You can plug the lines at the mastercylinder to check it. When plugged the pedal should be rock hard.
Saturday, August 4th, 2007 AT 1:50 PM
SYNERGY
Well, I took off the Master Cylinder and that was in fact it. The primary piston could hardly be pushed in and it took a long time for it to return to its normal position.

Thanks for the help! =]
Tuesday, August 7th, 2007 AT 4:56 PM