Chevrolet Truck Wont Start After Running A While

POPINCORK
  • CHEVROLET TRUCK
1989 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 with a 350 engine, manual transmission 126K miles.

The truck starts fine when you first start it. After running for some time and you shut it off it will not start again. You get absolutely nothing, it won't crank. However, if you let it sit for and hour to an hour and a half it will start right up.
Thursday, September 6th, 2007 AT 5:03 PM

When it refuses to start one of this 2 fuel and igntion is missing-immediately check for fuel and spark while on the act.
Thursday, September 6th, 2007 AT 5:09 PM
WILDFIREV9
My 86 Chevy chassis motorhome had the same problem. After changing the starter solenoid and adding the heat shield (recommended for big blocks especially), problem was still there.
Found out it has a 'hot start soleniod'. Looks like a ford fenderwell mounted starter soleniod. After changing it, my motorhome starts everytime no matter what.

Hope this helps, VIC
'wildfirev9'
+1
Wednesday, May 14th, 2008 AT 12:56 AM
Disable the ignition coil by removing the coil wire -Now hold key to start position and look for power at the starter solenoid small terminal with a purple wire -Power there-replace the starter. No power backtrack to the ignition switch. See below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_starter_15.jpg

+2
Wednesday, May 14th, 2008 AT 5:37 AM