97 CHEVY ASTRO VAN 6CYL. OVERHEATING?

1997 Chevrolet Truck

dustink

March, 14, 2007 AT 12:43 PM

97 astro van, when driving I would have to rev the motor to get the temp to drop, after a day or so that didnt work, so I replaced the water pump, thermastat, and radeator. The temp gauge doesnt drop when im driving, only drops to about 210 when in idle. My heater only blows cold air, none of the positions on the switches work to control when the cold air goes. High speed doesnt work. I have flused the 50/50 mix about a dozen or two times. I have also found some sord of pressure line that isnt connected to anything. Not sure where that goes? The water is not circulating in any of the hoses causing major build up of pressure. I have no idea please help me.
thank you
dustink

Astro

March, 19, 2007 AT 4:50 PM

Sounds like your heater-core is clogged. Try removing the lines and flushing the heater-core itself. Cooling system flush and fill is fairly inexpensive at most repair shops and they should back-flush the heater-core too, when they see there is no heat, look for coupons in circular ads. You can usually find some pretty good deals.

shawn0314

June, 14, 2007 AT 6:48 PM

Thermometer if that doesn't work change out heater core completely shawn

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser