2003 Chevy Cavalier temp gauge gets stuck

MAB32174
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TRUCK
The temperature gauge will get stuck sometimes. I can reset the gauge by removing one of the fuses in the fuse panel that's located near the driver door. This fix doesn't work sometimes though. I just leave the fuse intact and wait for a while( maybe 1 hour or more) and I can reset it back to zero temp. Can anybody tell me what the problem is with this thing?
Monday, January 29th, 2007 AT 4:08 PM

Got OBD2 codes?
+1
Tuesday, January 30th, 2007 AT 4:33 AM
MAB32174
WHAT'S OBD2 CODES
Tuesday, February 27th, 2007 AT 12:17 PM
OBD2-OnBoardDiagnostics2 codes-meaning stored codes in the computer.

Maybe a bad connection at the coolant temperature sensor or itself
Tuesday, February 27th, 2007 AT 2:09 PM
MAB32174
U think it could have a bad connection? I thought about it, but how does the fuse come into play? Like I said before, when I remove the fuse, the temperature gauge usually returns back to it's normal position, especially if the engine has been off for an hor or more.
Wednesday, February 28th, 2007 AT 12:02 AM
Just exactly what fuse are you removing to return the temperature gauge back to its normal position. Temperature gauge needs power to operate.

Perhaps your temp. Gauge is out of calibration

Find the coolant temperature sensor disconnect it-and see what happens to the gauge
Wednesday, February 28th, 2007 AT 4:52 AM
MAB32174
Yeah, I was going to look around for the coolant switch, but I crashed my piece of junk cavalier. There, no more worries. Do you know anything about Pontiac Sunfires 02 coupe? I posted a question about my 2002 Pontiac Sunfire 92,000 miiles. Check it out under Pontiac questions.
Monday, April 30th, 2007 AT 12:53 PM