1999 Chevy Blazer won't start

CJBAKER_82
  • 1999 CHEVROLET TRUCK
I have a 1999 Chevy S10 Blazer with 118,000mi. Last night I tried to start my truck to go to work and it wouldn't start and it had no power.I replaced the battery thinking that was the problem and it started. I drove all over town with no problems. Then when I got back home I turned off my truck for 10 minutes and I tried to start the truck and it wouldn't make a noise, start, or have any power.I took out the alternator and had it tested it and it was fine. All the fusues work. I haven't had any other problems and the check engine light hasn't came on. So what other reason would my truck not start or turn over?
Monday, October 16th, 2006 AT 9:56 PM

JANDYSCHELZ
Sounds like a bad connection in your main cables coming from the battery, or the cables themselves?
You clean the cable ends real good at the battery terminals? If you have a VOM check for resistance between the battery neg lug and a good ground ( like the alternator case). And check between the positive lug and starter bolt.
Or bypass the cables with a set of jumper cables.
Wednesday, October 18th, 2006 AT 10:45 PM