CHEVY ASTRO VAN

1999 Chevrolet Truck

hugnfun

March, 15, 2007 AT 1:03 PM

Hi
I have a small (I hope) electrical problem with this van. For some reason when the van hits a bump or pothole in the street, it totally shuts down all electrical, and all power. I'm almost sure and hopeful that it was the ground cable that goes to the battery, because it just recently jarred itself free, and now is completley disconnected. Could the electrical have been the loose cable? Or should I check something else?

Astro

March, 19, 2007 AT 3:51 PM

Do you have the 4.3L engine? I had a similar problem.
I'd hit a bump, and the van would die. There is an A/C line that runs across the top of the engine, and rubs against the wire harness going to the ignition coil. Remove the engine cover, start the van, then wiggle the 4-wire harness attached to the coil. If the van dies, there's you problem!

hugnfun

April, 8, 2007 AT 10:15 AM

Yes it does have a 4.3. I will look into that A.S.A.P. Thanks for the advice.

Astro

April, 14, 2007 AT 3:17 PM

Also check the harness to the ignition control module mounted to the coil bracket for same.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang