Engine vacuum diagram

DRJEFFCOYLE
  • 1997 CHEVROLET TRUCK

Engine Mechanical problem V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

the pcv hose on the driver side of the 5.7 liter engine connects from the valve cover to the intake manifold. There is another smaller vacuum line that comes from this connection at the intake manifold. Where does this vacuum line connect?

on the passenger side of this same engine, there are 3 hoses/lines that connect to the evaporation emissions purge solenoid vacuum switch. One to the canister purge solenoid, one to the purge fitting at the vapor canister, but where does the third vacuum line coming off this device connect to? No vacuum diagrams show these 2 lines.
please help.

Sunday, December 7th, 2008 AT 10:46 PM

Here is the vacuum diagram for your car (BELOW). The 3rd goes to the fuel tank, the smaller hose goes to the MAP sensor. There are not many lines. I was unsure to give you the answer because its V8 and there's 2 different engines and the vacuum diagrams are different-I can provide the other diagram if you wish-hoping its the one you're looking for.

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers.

Monday, December 8th, 2008 AT 5:57 AM
DRJEFFCOYLE

Thank you for the vacuum diagram they helped me and I got the truck running great.

Thank you.

+1
Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 AT 5:33 PM
2CARPROS MIKE
  • 712 POSTS

Our techs work hard to try to diagnose thousands of problems. Automotive repair is something we are very accurate with, sometimes it requires cooperation back and forth to get to the solution.

+3
Thursday, December 11th, 2008 AT 12:37 PM
SCORPEON40
  • 1982 CHEVROLET TRUCK

I wish to make sure my vacuun lines are ran correctly could you share a resourse or two of a diagram of the vacuum routing. Thanks ahead of time !

Friday, August 25th, 2017 AT 3:50 PM (Merged)

See pic it's for a 4.1 or 250- 6 cylinder they did not put a 292 in it so hook it up the same.

SCORPEON40
  • 1982 CHEVROLET TRUCK

I have questions of weather my vacuum lines are routed correctly could you send me a resource thanks ahead of time.

I found this for the 4.8L.