1996 Chevy Truck hot Master cylinder

GUMP73
  • 1996 CHEVROLET TRUCK
What would cause a master cylinder to get so hot that it shrunk the rubber gasket and warped the lid? I just had friend replace all the brake lines because they were rusting trough. I was plowing snow and stopped to fuel up and check all my fluids, checked the brake fluid and it overflowed out of the canister the fluid was pretty hot. The truck has the hydroboost system which has just been replaced. When I was plowing my power steering hose started leaking and I had to fill it several times in about 12 hours of plowing and I know that the power steering is part of the power booster for the brakes so did it running low cause something to overheat?
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 4:20 PM

MHPAUTOS
HI there,

The heat factor to do this is via brake fluid is. I would say not possible. I would be looking at a contaminate or other heat source, can you Post a pic?

Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 5:12 PM

Sponsored links