CHEVY BROKEN HOOD LATCH

1996 Chevrolet Truck

ddonald

Other Category problem
1996 Chevy Truck Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My hood release cable has broken away from latch.

How do I get at latch to open hood.

Thanks Donald

Hood Latch

Hood Latch

1 ANSWER

mastertechtim

You need a flashlight and a long screwdriver and pop it open through the grill. Look where the cable goes in and there is a little hook that cable goes on, pry that towards the cable and it should open.

ddonald

February, 22, 2008 AT 8:44 AM

Tried above advice didn't work, oblivious " TIM" doesn't know squat about his fix

mastertechtim

February, 22, 2008 AT 4:41 PM

Hey bub I can lead the horse to the water but I cant make you drink it. I have worked for chevrolet over 10 years and yes for a fact I could get the hood open with a long screwdriver. ***When you finally give up and take it to a garage ask them how they got it open. They reply back and prove me wrong or man up and admit I was right. I take this very serious!

mmallard

August, 19, 2009 AT 10:12 PM

Sorry that guy was a jerk, your advice worked great for me Tim. Laid underneath my truck for an hour trying to figure it out. Took me 2 minutes after reading your advice. Mine was a 1992 GMC Sonoma. The end of the hood latch cable had just become disconnected from the circle loop I pushed with the screwdriver to open it.

Hood Latch Stuck Closed
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Open Hood Video
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL