CHEVY TAHOE 5.7 LTR. 2WD

1996 Chevrolet Truck

gilbert011

October, 17, 2006 AT 10:46 AM

My problem with this vehicle is that when I brake it pulls to the left side (driver side), I had new tires put on, had it realigned, just as maintenance.

Could the problem be with my brakes, possibly the caliper? When I had the tires replaces, I looked at my pads and rotors. The pads looked about 50%, I did notice the rotors did not have a smooth feel, nothing extreme, just very light ridges. The truck does not shimmy or shake, just pulls to the left when I go to brake. It is noticable when I am driving at a higher rate of speed and then start to slow down, but if I am going less that 35mph I can hardly feel it pulling.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Gilbert
Odessa, Tx

vegasmstrj

October, 18, 2006 AT 3:35 PM

I have had a similar problem with my truck. Mine pulled to the right when braking. I had the brakes inspected and it turns out that the brake lines were no good. They were replaced and all is good.

Replace Your Brake Caliper Like a Pro
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford