1992 Chevy Truck swap

CAREREPAIR2008
  • 1992 CHEVROLET TRUCK
1992 Chevy Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 1992 k1500 it had a 5spd in it and it was bad. I can't drive manual for long distences anyway so I'm changing to an automatic (700r4). I've already got the trans in with the new drivshafts. Ive got everything done but the torque converter lock up. I've got it set up for manual lockup but I dont like it. My question is can I run the lock up through the computer. The trans has 3 wires tan\black, Lt blue, and purple.

I think that the tan\Blk should go to the A7 pin on the computer (shift light). Purple to 12v or C7 pin. And Lt blue to brake switch. But I'm not sure and don't want to mess this trans up.
Monday, November 23rd, 2009 AT 12:41 AM

DR LOOT
The 700R4, is not a computerized transmission, therefore you will need to install a toggle switch, to manually activate the converter lockup.
Friday, November 27th, 2009 AT 6:05 PM
CAREREPAIR2008
I'm not using a powertrain computer I'm trying to run it off the ecm just like the foctory would have if this truck came with the auto trans. The 700r4 would have came in this truck from the factory. Therefor I know I can do it I'm just doing research tryin to find out the pieces I don't already know. I've got the wires going to the computer the rite way I just have to replace the prom chip with one from an automatic. I thank you very much for the reply your one of the few who have even said anything back.
Saturday, November 28th, 2009 AT 6:09 PM
DR LOOT
I will be here to continuously assist you with any problem you may run into. I am sending you a diagram of your transmission wiring harness.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/307270_Graphic_1992_Chevy_1.jpg

If you cannot read the diagram. Send me your e-mail address, and I will send it to you as a photo so you can enlarge it.
+2
Saturday, November 28th, 2009 AT 7:56 PM
CAREREPAIR2008
Thank you very much from what I can tell this looks like the diagram I've been looking for here is my email if you can please send that to me so I can take a closer look carerepair2008@yahoo. Com Thanks again
Sunday, November 29th, 2009 AT 12:43 PM