2004 Chevy Trailblazer Climate screen blank and controls in

FLAMINGO1ONE
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
The climate control scren on my TB went blank and none of the controls (AC, Rear defog, fan speed, temp controls, etc.) Work. Not sure if this is a commputer issue as all of the other systems seem to function fine.
Wednesday, November 5th, 2008 AT 11:36 PM

JAMES W.
This may sound very basic but, the climate control system is on a seperate fuse. Is this fuse good?
Thursday, November 6th, 2008 AT 12:55 PM
FLAMINGO1ONE
Jim,

Have looked at most of the fuses which aply to the HVAC system, can you tell me which fuse as I do not have a schematic.

Thanks,
Steve
Thursday, November 6th, 2008 AT 1:17 PM
FLAMINGO1ONE
Just went through all fuses and all look good is there a point which I can check for power?
Thanks,
Steve
Thursday, November 6th, 2008 AT 2:01 PM
JAMES W.
Steve, sorry it took so long to get back to you. My information source has been down and I just got it back yesterday. Anyway, What we need to do to test power to your climate unit is to pull it out of the dash so you can unplug the connector(s) from the rear. With key on, connector terminal E should be + voltage. Term D should be - or ground. If for some reason these term.S don't read right, look for any terminal that is hot with key on and dead with key off. If this part checks out, there is a problem inside the unit. I don't think you will find a fuse inside but there might be. Nowadays, you never know and I couldn't find a diagram to tell me. You can check in your area for an electronics repair facility or a dealer may have a rebuilt unit available. Wish I could tell you more. Jim One more thing, you may have 2 hot circuits at the connector. One for system power and one for the LED screen.
Friday, November 14th, 2008 AT 10:19 PM