2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER ENGINE REVVING LUOD

• smandrean
  • 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer

Noises problem
2003 Chevy Trailblazer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

When I push on the gas the car revs really high but once I get to the speed I want it stops revving. If I try to go faster it revs really high until I get to the speed I want and then it stops revving. So when I accelerate it revs really loud. If I stay constant it's OK. Do you think it is the transmission?

Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 10:05 AM

• Docfixit

Hi
Thanks for donation
Yes trans is sliping need to get this check out ASAP.
Have you looked at fluid level?

Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 2:01 PM
  • smandrean

I just had the transmission replaced about 11 months ago. I checked the fluid and it is fine. I was reading another post with the problem similar to mine and they told him it was the fan clutch.I guess I just need to take it to the dealer that replaced it before the warranty runs out. Do you think it's OK to drive to the dealer about 20 miles away?

Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 3:26 PM
  • Docfixit

The fan clutch can make a loud noise you can check it by grabing blade and wiggle it no play means goood play faulty. Do you hear noise in neutral when reving engine? If not then trans is suspect. The drive to dealer it very hard to say just baby it there if no tow insurance.

Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 3:35 PM
  • smandrean

The engine still revs loudly in neutral and doesn't get quite. There is no noise besides the reving sound. It revs loud when I start it and when I accelerate. I checked the fan clutch and it doesn't move.

Tuesday, January 6th, 2009 AT 6:24 PM
  • danielcobian

Did you ever get this problem resolved? My 03 just started doing the same thing today. I knwo its not a problem with the transmission due to it still making the sound when in park and you step on the accelerater. To me it sounds like a faulty oxygen sensor of some sort. Doesn't shift rough nor lack any power. Rpms don't even go above the norm. Just revs really high and loud when you step on the accelerator

-1
Friday, December 24th, 2010 AT 1:34 AM