2002 CHEVY TAHOE OIL OVERFILL

• kimrm9
  • 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe

2002 Chevy Tahoe V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

I have used Mobil 1 oil since 15,000 miles, quickie lube place changed my oil then put in 6 quarts of their oil and 6 quarts of my Mobile 1 all 5w30.

I then drove the car 100 miles before I found out, and then 100 miles back to the dealer where they removed 12 quarts of oil and put in a new filter and 6 quarts of Mobil 1.

Tha car seems normal, oil pressure is normal, and there are no evidence of oil leaks.

What should I expect?

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 5:07 PM

• James W.

12 quarts, I didn't think they could get an engine to hold that much. Anyway, if you didn't blow an engine seal by now, you should be ok. This is why I change my own oil. I got tired of going in for a $14.95 special, and coming out with an $80.00 bill.

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 5:40 PM
  • rasmataz

If there's no knocking noise such as thumping and thudding -you're good to go-then again time will tell.

Quick lube didn't catch the extra 6qts when checking the oil level-stop going there.

Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 5:43 PM