1999 CHEVY TAHOE NO START

• Blue2door
  • 1999 CHEVROLET TAHOE

1999 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 162500 miles

My 1999 Tahoe with 162500 miles on it will fire but will not start, I have changed the fuel filter and it fixed it for 2 days, then I changed the fuel pump and that fixed it for 5 days, now it is doing it again, the only thing I can think of is the fuel injectors and regulator, I have been told that there is an upgrage to a mpi system, what do you think about that and what other parts will I need, thank you very much.

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 12:53 PM

• Buzzsaw

Yes there is an update to the injectors, harness and controller, you may have to fabricate brackets

comes in a kit

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 1:07 PM
  • Blue2door

Why does the vehicle start after letting it sit for a half a day or so.

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 1:11 PM
  • Buzzsaw

When it doesnt start try spraying some carb cleaner down the throttle plates and see if it starts then you know its fuel related

Thursday, May 1st, 2008 AT 1:18 PM
  • Blue2door

I also replaced the injector assembly and the ignition switch, it is still starting then dying, any ideas. Could it be because of a worn down key?

Wednesday, May 7th, 2008 AT 2:41 PM
  • Buzzsaw

Go to autozone and have your codes read, may tell us something, history and current ones

Wednesday, May 7th, 2008 AT 3:52 PM
  • Blue2door

There are no codes present in the computer, it will start in the evening and not in the morning, when you turn the key to the on position in the morning the security light stays lit and does not go off, in the evening it goes off after 5 seconds or so and the vehicle starts and runs. Any ideas?

Friday, May 9th, 2008 AT 10:44 AM