1999 Chevy Suburban No Spark

ROBERTINMAN
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
Hi,

I have no spark at all. I've replaced the coil, ingnition module, crank sensor and cam sensor with no luck.

Previous to this it would run fine as long as you started it every 12 hours or more often. If you went over that time it would start but you would have to crank on it forever finally starting it. I would then run real rough like the timing was off for about 30 minutes and then smooth out and run perfect but if you wait beyond 12 hours you are in trouble.

Thanks for any help you can give I'm out of ideas. Very weird problem, please help
Saturday, April 25th, 2009 AT 7:20 PM

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Saturday, April 25th, 2009 AT 7:22 PM
ROBERTINMAN
Will lack of fuel pressure shut down the ignition system on a 350 suburban.
+1
Sunday, April 26th, 2009 AT 11:40 AM
Will lack of fuel pressure shut down the ignition system. Negative
Sunday, April 26th, 2009 AT 4:02 PM
ROBERTINMAN
Well.I went in to town and bought a fuel pressure gauge and tested and have no fuel pressure. I thought this might be the case since I'm not hearing the fuel pump at all when I turn the ignition on.

I did test for 12v at the coil and there is a full 12 v at the coil.

I have no spark this is why I asked about them being tied together. Coincidence I don't know, maybe you could shed some light on this.

Should I replace the fuel pump or should I test something else. I tried finding a wire harness at the tank but couldn't find it. Probably on top.

Anyway I appreciate your help

Sunday, April 26th, 2009 AT 6:09 PM
Find the fuel pump connector power the gray wire direct from the battery positive post-did it come On?
Sunday, April 26th, 2009 AT 6:21 PM
ROBERTINMAN
Found the gray wire powered it up from the battery and nothing. Are we talkin bad fuel pump?

Thanks again
Sunday, April 26th, 2009 AT 7:16 PM
Yes sir-if the ground side is good to go. You're running it direct w/o the fuse, relay and OPSU should come alive
Sunday, April 26th, 2009 AT 7:31 PM