1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Lower the steering column.
3. Remove the washer head screw and the hexagon nut.
4. Disconnect the dimmer switch assembly from the rod.
5. Unfasten the dimmer and ignition switch mounting stud.
6. Seperate the ignition switch from the actuator rod.
7. Unplug the ignition switch electrical connection and remove the switch.
The new ignition switch will come in the OFF-LOCK position. Once the switch is assembled on the column, remove the plastic pin from the switch. If you are installing the old switch, make sure it is in the OFF-LOCK position.
8. Attach the switch to the actuator rod.
9. Move the switch slider to the extreme left position, then move the slider one detent right to the OFF-LOCK position. Install the dimmer switch mounting stud and tighten to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
10. Attach the dimmer switch to the rod, then install the washer head screw and hexagon nut. Do not fully tighten at this time.
11. Place a 3 / 32 inch drill bit in the hole on the dimmer switch. Position the switch on the column and push against the rod to eliminate all lash.
12. Install the switch and tighten the screw and nut to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
13. Attach the switch electrical connection.
14. Raise and attach the steering column.
15. Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper switch operation.
Saturday, September 19th, 2020 AT 5:08 PM