1997 Chevy Suburban Brake fuse keeps blowing

• 2 POSTS

1997 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 230000 miles

I have an issue with the brake fuse blowing all the time. If it extremely hot outside, or extremely cold the fuse pops ALL the time. If the temp is in the range of 30 to 70 degrees I am good, any hotter or colder you can kiss all replaced fuses in slot #1 goodbye. I have changed the brake pedal switch which by the way wasn’t the easiest job, why did Chevy make that one so hard to replace! I have traced all wires from the back to the front, I haven’t found any wires that are bare and may be shorting out. This fuse issue is really getting to me. #1 I am not liking the fact that I am wasting money every week buying fuses, and #2 I drive into work some mornings and it’s still dark, 2 nights a week I drive home from late in the evening 35 miles and it’s not a fun drive certainly knowing at anytime the fuse could pop and there are many officers shooting radar on the 3 highways I travel to and from work. Any ideas? I have been looking for a (diagram if just the brake system) no luck. I need to know if in this brake circuit, are there any other fuses, relays, and switches, ECT, ECT, ECT…. I am pulling my hair out.

Monday, June 7th, 2010 AT 6:48 PM

• 710 POSTS

Your lower brake lites are wired through the multifunction switch. Can't say if the switch is faulty? Also, the cruise control module gets voltage from the brake switch. Everything in the diagram may not apply to your vehicle. note, S220 splice

Tuesday, June 8th, 2010 AT 9:21 AM