CHEVY CYLINDER 2 MISFIRE

1996 Chevrolet Suburban

thamler

December, 30, 2009 AT 1:20 PM

1996 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 265000 miles

I have a 96 suburban 1500 4wd 350 5.7L, i'm having a cylinder two misfire. I have changed my plugs, wires, cap and rotor. It runs like garbage after fixing all of these and it stills says cylinder two misfire after clearing it. I need help everyone is telling me the next thing to change would be my coil pack or something I dont really know about cars I just need some real help without having to bust out another thousand dollars.

Engine Miss

December, 30, 2009 AT 1:37 PM

Hi, just about anything can cause a misfire, spark --fuel-- whatever. You could have disabled the fuel system so the vehicle won't start, but, you could still check for spark at the suspect cylinder. Pull the plug wire loose, stick a known good plug in the boot, lay metal part of plug against metal part of engine. Have helper crank engine, while you watch for spark at tip of plug. If spark is good, Next, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Some of the national brand autostores will loan a fuel pressure gage. Also, with the spider fuel system, the fuel poppets have been known to stick. The best cleaning procedure is a shop procedure, if that is the probelm.