CHEVY FUEL PRESSURE LOSS

1988 Chevrolet Suburban

bud henderson

April, 23, 2008 AT 5:22 PM

1988 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150, 00 miles

Whenever this TBI engine has been off for a while it takes about 3 seconds of cranking to start. If you do a restart within a few minutes it fires right up with no delay. I suspect that there is a a loss of fuel pressure and it takes a few seconds to build up after sitting for a while. Is there a fuel pressure check valve some where that is a least partially bad?
Also, when driving and applying brakes before or immediately after having partially open throttle the brakes have no power boost. No problem if you get your foot off accelerator for a second. Is there a vaccum check valve that is not holding vaccum in the booster when the engine has reduced vaccum?

blackop555

April, 23, 2008 AT 8:16 PM

You may either a bad fuel pressure check valve, or more likely a leaky injector.

Have them checked, make sure the cap is on the check valve.

For the brakes I would definetely check the checkvalve. It is located on the brake booster or inline on the vaccum hose from the engine to the booster.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test