2005 Chevy Silverado Heat Issues

05CHEVY
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

Heater problem
2005 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

2005 Silverado - A month ago there was no heat. Brought it to the dealer and they "fixed" it (low coolant, leaky pump). Now, I only get heat while driving. While the fan continues to work, the temp of the air gets much cooler. Example: drive down highway, its fine except when sitting intraffic, then it gets cold. Start going again, and it's fine.

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 AT 7:54 AM

DOCFIXIT

Was thermostat replaced?

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 AT 11:32 AM
05CHEVY

Not that I am aware of. Does this sound like a thermostat issue?

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 AT 11:34 AM
DOCFIXIT

Yes once moving coolant gets cooled without thermostat closing to keep coolant temp up it will cool down

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 AT 11:39 AM
05CHEVY

Ironically, around the same time, the drivers side heated seat started to malfunction. It turns on, the lightS on the door panel go on, however after about 30 seconds or so it automatically shuts off and the lights go out. The passenger side works fine, unless the drivers side is turned on. When the drivers side suts off, it also shuts off the passenger side when it goes out so they both go out at the same time. Thoughts?

Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 AT 11:40 AM