2004 Chevy Silverado misfires on 1, 3, 5, 7 cylinders

WYOPOKES
  • 2004 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My truck recently had a misifires on 1 and 7 cylinders. I tried to clean the injectors with a fuel injuection machine, but that did not work, so I replaced the two injectors and the plugs for those two cylinders. It worked for about 30 minutes and started to run really bad. It turned the engine light back on so I scanned it and it said that I had random misfires on 1, 3, 5, and 7 cylinders. I really do not know what else to do. The converter seems to be alright. The mass air flow censor was changed out and that did not help, and there are no head gasket leaks.
Tuesday, February 12th, 2008 AT 2:29 PM

BLACKOP555
Are you getting spark on those cylinders?

And is your engine have a distributor or one coil pack and ignition module for each side of the engine?

ANd if you have good spark id like you to check compression on those cylinders.
Tuesday, February 12th, 2008 AT 4:40 PM
ROSIE0288
Check for a vacuum leak on the intake they are bad for pushing out gaskets or the manifold cracking itself, also checked your o2 sensors on that bank they are common for causing a misfire
-1
Wednesday, March 5th, 2008 AT 8:35 PM

Related Misfire Cylinder Content

VIDEO