CHEVY CODE P0135 AND P0101

2004 Chevrolet Silverado

gifthandler

July, 5, 2009 AT 9:35 PM

2004 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 77000 miles

Where is the MAP sensor and how hard is ti to change? I pulled the MAF, it was dusty. I cleaned it amd replaced. The check engine light is still on. Do I need to have the light reset or will it go off if that is the problem?

The other is the Oxygen senor. I am not sure which this is. I really don't want to change all.

My check engne light has gone on sporadically in the past. I pur a couple of cans of Berrymans in the gas tank and the light usually goes out after a couple of days.

You guys have answered my questions in the past correctly so I am looking forward to your answer.

Docfixit

July, 6, 2009 AT 11:52 AM

Hi
Both codes can be set be numerous faults. Cleaning MAF was good first step now go to Auto zone etc. Get codes erased drive truck if MIL comes on have codes read. Then will no it is not an intermittent fault.
Let me know
Thanks for donate
MAP top intake rear of intake

gifthandler

July, 6, 2009 AT 8:14 PM

I cleaned the MAF. Cleared the code. Good fix. Now I am working on P0135, the oxygen sensor(s) the code reader at Autozone said the O2 on abnk one was the cause of the P0135. I looked at the IPB and it shows 4 sonsors on bank 1. Can these be cleaned? Ideally they should be replaced but sometimes, like with the PCV yu can clean with berrymans etc and then reinstall. Is that possible with the O2 sensors? When the condiyion is fixed, will the computer reset, or will I need to go back to Autozone to clear the codes? Also I found the PCV and it is in the manifold unlike the valve cover, where the PCV just pops out. This PCV appears to be fused to the manifold. Is it possibly threaded, or do I just need to use brute strength to pop it out? Eagerly awaiting your answer.

Docfixit

July, 7, 2009 AT 9:45 AM

Hi
O2 is left exhaust in front of cat. Not servicable.
PCV should be in rubber gromet and is tough comming out. Also what is engine size?
Code must be cleared by scanner

gifthandler

July, 7, 2009 AT 5:26 PM

First I will have the current code cleared and see if the cleaning of the MAF posutively affected the O2 sensor error code. If not I will replace the Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensor. Probably in the next week or so. Plans for this weekend. Will get back on it later this weekend. I'll let you know

On the PCV. The rubber gasket and PCV just need to be muscled out Correct, how often should this be changed. BTW, I havd 6.0 L engine

gifthandler

August, 1, 2009 AT 3:44 PM

Replaced the O2 sensor with a Bosch Universal. Fixed issue. Thanks for all your help.

Docfixit

August, 1, 2009 AT 3:49 PM

Great news was wondering what happened. Thanks for letting me know.

gifthandler

August, 1, 2009 AT 4:08 PM

Ordered a MAP sensor from Autozone, should be here by the end of next week. Hopefully that will solve that one. I realize that I am combining two issues in one query.

Checked all the hoses that I could get to. Found a great service manual on www. Payloadz. Com for the 2004 saturn Vue.

Hope this helps. Talk to you later

Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20