2002 CHEVY SILVERADO BLOWER SWITCH

• HARBORMAN357
  • 2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

Heater problem
2002 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 73000 miles

JUST REPLACED THE BLOWER FAN MOTOR. TRIED IT AND I ONLY GET ONE SPEED HIGH. 1-4 ON CONTROLLER DOES NOT WORK

Thursday, September 10th, 2009 AT 6:56 PM

• Shadetreefixitman

I had the same problem at about the same milage. The problem probably isn't the fan motor or the switch on the dash. It is probably the resistor block that controls the fan speed. It is located under the dash on passenger side. You may have to remove the black cover next to the floor and firewall. Follow the wires down from the dash switch to the air plenum behind that cover. The resistor block is inside the air plenum (2 screws to remove). The circuit printed on the board may have one or more shorted out areas (may be burned looking. This block is what acrually controls fan speed. You could try to repair the shorted areas with solder. A new one will probably be around $50.00 at the dealer, they can be found online for around $30.00. Hope this helps

Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 AT 9:40 PM
  • Quagmire86

Hope this helps www.2carpros. Com/first_things/blower_motor_high_speed_only. Htm

Wednesday, September 16th, 2009 AT 12:22 AM