CHEVY ANTIFREEZE ON TOP OF INTAKE MANIFOLD

1995 Chevrolet Silverado

ryan1959

August, 20, 2009 AT 2:51 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1995 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 165,000 miles

My truck was steaming after a small trip and I opend the hood to take a look. I notice antifreeze on the top of the intake manifold. I dried the intake with a towl and replaced the thermostat and tstat gasket. I siliconed properly and let dry overnight. Next day, started it up and the antifreeze started pooling up on the RIGHT side of the intake manifold again. NOT leaking from thermostat. Where is the fluid coming from and will it be super hard to fix? I am assuming from the clynder cover, but I am not a mechanic.

merlin2021

August, 20, 2009 AT 2:59 PM

Unless it's leaking from a heater hose, then it could be the intake manifold gasket, how does it run? Very rough?

ryan1959

August, 27, 2009 AT 7:58 PM

Runs okay and none of the hoses are leaking. IT just pools up at a constant rate. Could it be coming from the valve covers area?

merlin2021

August, 28, 2009 AT 2:25 AM

Not unless it has a cracked head. Intake manifold would be the leak, remove and replace the intake gasket, and check manifold for striaghtness.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995