TURN SIGNALS

2010 Chevrolet S-10

Jimbo56

July, 5, 2006 AT 7:05 PM

96 S-10, 80,000 miles. None of the turn signals flash, but all of the bulbs will light. Also, pushing the emergency flasher button on the steering column does nothing. Is there a flasher module somewhere that needs changed?
Thanks.

Mikeybdman

July, 7, 2006 AT 7:43 PM

Below the radio, screwed to the bottom of the lower edge of the panel below your cig lighter is a Power Distribution Center (Hazard Lamp Flasher, Seat Belts and Ignition Key and Lamps alarm, Turn Signal Lamp Flasher) Unit. I would start there.

Jimbo56

July, 8, 2006 AT 1:45 PM

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure it's the flasher, but the owner's manual doesn't show the power distribution center you spoke of, so I didn't know where to look.

Mikeybdman

July, 8, 2006 AT 1:52 PM

The owners manual is not going to go into too much detail on the maintenance of a vehicle.
I would start by getting in the floor and looking up behind your cigerette lighter and see if you see a small panel with wires going to it, and several little square plug-in units attached.
It may be best to go to Advanced, or one of the auto parts stores and buy a flasher, then crawl under there to try and find something that looks like the new flasher.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro