CHEVY HOOD MECHANISM BROKEN, HOW DO I OPEN HOOD?

2001 Chevrolet S-10

cab938

2001 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 114k miles

The hood opening mechanism broke in the cold when I was trying to open the hood of my truck to boost it (horrible weather here). I need to fix this mechanism, but I'm fine with waiting until it warms and my Haynes manual comes. In the meantime, how do I get the hood open with the in-cab latch pull broken? (Seems like the line snapped, there is no resistance when I pull on it).

Chris

Did the steel cable break? If so, you might be able to remove the front grill, look up in there, see if you can tell where the cable attached to the latching mechanism, if you can see it, you might be able to use a screwdriver or something on the latch mechanism to open.

I've done this on other makes and models, haven't done it on your vehicle, don't know if you can see the mechanism.

jggeneral

August, 19, 2013 AT 7:09 PM

My son has a chevy silverado 2001 and the gas gage is all over the place. It will show half tank then the light comes on and says low fuel I just put gas in it. Where could my problem be coming from? Thank You

Open Hood Video
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera
DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser