Vacuum line

HOME1250
  • 2000 CHEVROLET S-10
I just bought a 2000 s10. It needs some TLC, but I bought it right.
There is a vacuum line just "hanging" back behind and to the left of the ABS unit. There is also a connector just "hanging" there also. I can find no place to hook either of them up.
I carried the truck for a state inspection this AM, and it failed because some items were "not ready". I am wondering if this is caused by the vacuum and electrical lines that are not hooked up.
Is this possibly part of the vapor cannister unit?
The electrical line can't be stretched very far, and there are no empty connectors with the length of the wires.
Any ideas will greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 2:53 PM

DOCFIXIT
Hi
Is there vacuum on the hose? Possible vacuum for HVAC does it work?
What color are wires? And iis it a terminal connector/
Also why did truck fail? Emissions? Brakes? Exhaust?
Let me know
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 AT 8:57 AM
HOME1250
The vacuum hose comes from the throttle body and goes over behind the ABS and goes through what is apparently a check valve and then T's off. One branch is just hanging there and the other appears to go down and toward the rear of the truck. There IS vacuum on the line.
I found that the electrical connector is supposed to hook up to the ABS. It connects to a Kelsey-Hayes unit. But when I plug it in, the Kelsey-Hayes unit has a motor that begins running. I let it run for a couple of minutes to see if it would "equalize" and turn off, but it did not. The ABS light is on with or without the connector plugged in. Will this affect the state inspection which is basically emissions.
The catalytic converter was plugged when I got the truck. I have had it replaced.
When I carried the truck to be inspected, there were no codes, but the technician said that the state computer said that some items were "not ready". He could not, or would not tell me any more. He said that it usually needed driving (a couple of hundred miles was what he suggested). I have since picked up a code that says it has a #1 misfire. Plugs, wires and maybe a coil pack would probably help that.
Any ideas on the loose vacuum line and the ABS problem?
Thanks,
Jim
Thursday, June 4th, 2009 AT 2:34 PM
DOCFIXIT
Look in the fender well to see if there is a round plastic ball... this is a vacuum reservoir and it is most likely where your other line hooks up to. It keeps the vents from going to defrost when you are hard on the throttle.

The ABS unit will need the control unit that is bolted to the top replaced.... this is where the main power relay is and it sounds like that one is stuck in the on position, common problem

Here is a guide on replacing the ABS control module

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-abs-controller

Here is another one pertaining to the vacuum issue mentioned previously

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/air-vents-stay-in-the-defrost-position
Monday, July 29th, 2019 AT 8:29 PM
COYOTE00'
  • 2000 CHEVROLET S-10
2000 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I am replacing the vacuum hoses that run from my transmission to somewhere else. There are 3 of them and I don't know where they hook up. Is there a diagram that can help me?
+1
Monday, July 29th, 2019 AT 8:31 PM (Merged)
4X4S10DRIVER
I found this diagram but it is for years 1982 - 1993. It looks the same but I'm not sure about it. If you click on the diagrams, they will enlarge. It may or may not help you. I am looking for a digram also for a year 2000. Hope it helps.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/mitchell1eautorepair-car-repair-manuals
-1
PHANTOM531
  • 1999 CHEVROLET S-10
I need to replace crummbling vaccum hoses, but I can't tell where they all go. I need a diagram of all the placements.
Here are the vacuum line diagrams you needed. Please let us know if you need anything else.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_v1_2.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_v2_2.jpg

There are more featured (below)
+1
Please start a new question so we can tailor our answer just for you, and to help the people researching this topic who have the same model as you have. And you must understand there may be multiple engines available for your model, so be sure to list the engine size.

Also be aware there are usually different vacuum hose routing diagrams depending on the options on your car. The only way to know for sure you have the right diagram is it's on the emissions sticker under the hood. In the unlikely event yours is missing, Ford has very nice paper "EVTM" manuals. That's "Electrical, Vacuum, something something". You can find those pretty inexpensively on eBay. I bought 50 of them from one seller for my classroom a few years ago. That book will have every diagram that could pertain to your model.

Please post your question here

https://www.2carpros.com/questions/new

Cheers
MIKE49120
  • 1983 CHEVROLET S-10
I need a diagram for the vacuum hoses for my 83 s10 they wasnt all there when I got the truck
SATURNTECH9
I need to know if it's auto or manual transmission and if it's california or federal emissions?
-2
MIKE49120
Auto and im pretty sure its federal
SATURNTECH9
I posted the diagrams for you.
+1
MIKE49120
Thank you really needed this
SATURNTECH9
Your welcome that is what were here for.
+1
JUSTINRANTON
  • 1997 CHEVROLET S-10
I have removed the vacuum hoses from the air intake plenum and I now need a diagram to replace them. I'm not sure where they go. I think there is only 3 of them. At least that's all coming from the air intake.
KEN

Here are engine and emissions vacuum hose diagrams for both the 4 and 6 cylinder engines. (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
CARPETMAN1759
  • 2002 CHEVROLET S-10
Need vacuum hose diagram for under the dash. Fixed all parts and hoses under the hood and I have vacuum going into the firewall, but no vacuum inside. I have a new selector switch and also fixed a loose hose behind glove box. Will be replacing radio so I will have the dash all apart. Would like to follow the vacuum lines to fix the problem. All of the air comes out the front air vents. One of the plungers that controls that is behind the glove-box door and that part is new and I am not getting no vacuum to that part at all. Thanks for any help someone can give me.
Hoses should be color coded so easy to follow if no color pretty much self explanatory. See picture.
+1
CARPETMAN1759
So I take it that the small hard plastic black hose goes through the firewall and attaches to the selector switch and then gets routed to all the different actuators. Thanks again HMAC300! I should be able to track down the leak or the blockage hopefully. I will let you know what I find.
A lot of times it is the vacuum motor or the vacuum switch on the control itself.