2000 Chevy S-10 vacuum line

HOME1250
  • 2000 CHEVROLET S-10
I just bought a 2000 s10. It needs some TLC, but I bought it right.
There is a vacuum line just "hanging" back behind and to the left of the ABS unit. There is also a connector just "hanging" there also. I can find no place to hook either of them up.
I carried the truck for a state inspection this AM, and it failed because some items were "not ready". I am wondering if this is caused by the vacuum and electrical lines that are not hooked up.
Is this possibly part of the vapor cannister unit?
The electrical line can't be stretched very far, and there are no empty connectors with the length of the wires.
Any ideas will greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 2:53 PM

DOCFIXIT
Hi
Is there vacuum on the hose? Possible vacuum for HVAC does it work?
What color are wires? And iis it a terminal connector/
Also why did truck fail? Emissions? Brakes? Exhaust?
Let me know
Thanks for donate
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 AT 8:57 AM
HOME1250
The vacuum hose comes from the throttle body and goes over behind the ABS and goes through what is apparently a check valve and then T's off. One branch is just hanging there and the other appears to go down and toward the rear of the truck. There IS vacuum on the line.
I found that the electrical connector is supposed to hook up to the ABS. It connects to a Kelsey-Hayes unit. But when I plug it in, the Kelsey-Hayes unit has a motor that begins running. I let it run for a couple of minutes to see if it would "equalize" and turn off, but it did not. The ABS light is on with or without the connector plugged in. Will this affect the state inspection which is basically emissions.
The catalytic converter was plugged when I got the truck. I have had it replaced.
When I carried the truck to be inspected, there were no codes, but the technician said that the state computer said that some items were "not ready". He could not, or would not tell me any more. He said that it usually needed driving (a couple of hundred miles was what he suggested). I have since picked up a code that says it has a #1 misfire. Plugs, wires and maybe a coil pack would probably help that.
Any ideas on the loose vacuum line and the ABS problem?
Thanks,
Jim
-1
Thursday, June 4th, 2009 AT 2:34 PM