2000 Chevy S-10 Unable to Shift in and out of Gears

• 2000 CHEVROLET S-10

2000 Chevy S-10 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles

My transmission has worked find since I bought the car(120,000 miles). The problem came very quickly, One day I was able to shift without problems and gradually over one day it got worse and worse. Now I the clutch pedal has no effect at all. I can completely depress the pedal without feeling any back pressure. The clutch has never slipped while in gear in the past and I checked the fluid in the reservoir and it is full. Any Ideas?

For clarification. Everything works fine except I cannot shift into gears.(Except "perfect shift" matching rpms). Some reason pressing the clutch does not disengage trans

Saturday, April 17th, 2010 AT 10:03 AM

If your hydralics work ok then you have either a bent release arm or the clutch is shot. You'll have to look while the clutch is pulled in and see if your slave cylinder is pushing the release arm in. If it is then you probably have a clutch problem. If you can shift the transmission with the engine off and truck stopped, I'd check the clutch, the release bearing may have pushed through the pressure plate.

Saturday, April 17th, 2010 AT 11:40 AM