Engine Mechanical problem
1993 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 125000 miles
The S10 is a 2nd car and I only use it maybe once a month but it has always started right up. Got in it the other day and it ran for 5 seconds and died. I checked for error codes and was getting a 12 code which I believe is normal. No blown fuses either. Here is what I did next:
1. Sprayed starting fluid in the TBI carb and it would start.
2. Disconnected coil wire and fuel line from the carb and cranked the engine and I was getting a substantial fuel flow into a container.
3. Disconnected the fuel return line and blew threw it. There was quite a bit of resistance but I could hear bubbling in the gas tank.
4. Tested for power to the injectors and with the key on did get voltage to one side of each connector.
5. Found a flowchart on a S10 site which said it may be ECM. Replaced the ECM.
No dice. Still won't start. Not sure what to look for next although it seems to be fuel related. Don't want to spend half what the truck is worth taking it in to be looked at if I am missing something obvious. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thursday, October 21st, 2010 AT 2:15 PM