TIRES DON'T SPIN LIKE THEY USED TO

• john liberty
  • Chevrolet

Hi have a 1998 chevy z28 with 106, ooo miles on it. My problem is when I punch the gas from a stop my tires spin very little. Used to be if I gased it like that I could spin tires until they smoked. Had tranny checked and fluid changed still no change any one have a clue. Other than this car is fine.

Monday, July 10th, 2006 AT 8:47 PM

• vandragon

Have you put new brakes on? Did you check the park brake cable? Does it have tracktion(sorry I know I spelled that wrong) control? A friend had one and he could turn the control on and off with a dash button.
Did they check the trans converter at the shop? Other than that i'd say "the old grey mare just ain't what she used to be"

Tuesday, July 11th, 2006 AT 9:22 AM
  • john liberty

No new brakes did not have them check converter. I know that I got on it pretty hard a last car show was after that it started acting up other than that it has prenty of power. Thanks for the tip

Tuesday, July 11th, 2006 AT 8:38 PM