PRICING FOR STARTER/SOLENOID WIRING

Chevrolet

hollie8405

July, 23, 2006 AT 11:20 AM

I have put 3 new starters in my 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier and they are all getting burnt up as soon as I try to start the car. The wiring to the solenoid broke off and looks coroded in some places, so we have come to the conclusion that it is the wiring that is the problem. I was wondering how much it will cost to repair this!

Mikeybdman

July, 23, 2006 AT 5:55 PM

It will be a lot cheaper to do it your self than take to a mechanic. I would go to www. Gmpartsdirect. Com and look under the electrical section of your vehicle and try and buy a positve cable harness for your car. Make sure it comes with the starter postion, and replace the cable.
You might can get this cable from a dealer, but it will cost more. Replacing this corroded cable will probably fix your problem. It looks like the starter grounds itself by the mounting bolts. Make sure the metal to metal mating surface is clean when you install the starter.
When you are starting the vehicle, have you ever heard the starter stay engaged? If the starter hangs up, I can see that tearing them up also, but you should hear it spin up if it hangs.

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011