GAS GAUGE

Chevrolet

bhermann

I have a 2005 chevy blazer with 20,000 miles and the gas gauge does not register I can fill up and it reads empty. Please can you tell me whats wrong?

kenvcr

Chances are that the float connected to the sender unit is stuck. This part is located inside the tank. The tank must be dropped down in order to replace this part. Use up as much fuel as possible then take it to a service garage that can do this work in about an hours time.
Kenvcr

erock23

I have a 2002 chevy blazer and when i'm driving and then stop and put it in park my gas gauge starts to fluxuate. Then when I crank it back up after shutting it off my gas gauge will be lower. What do you think the problem might be?

kenvcr

Bhermann,
You have the same symptoms as the the first request. It is an indication that the fuel sender unit (which contains the float) is becoming defective. There are no other parts in the system that monitors fuel level but this part. It is located inside the tank. If you do not have the experience to do this work, have a professional mechanic do it. Make sure that they are insured for any damages to your vehical in case of accidental fire caused by a static spark. It happens in the cold weather months.
Goodluck
Kenvcr

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Change
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right