CHEVY PICKUP 15

Chevrolet

the_hydroxide_child

February, 20, 2007 AT 3:24 PM

My Aunt Has a 1997 Chevy Pickup 1500 it has 183K miles and I think it has a 350 5.7L whenever accelerating the truck is fine but when cruising and you deaccelerate it backpops and jumps a lot then the check engine light will start flashing and eventually stay on the codes were multiple cylinder misfire and the o2 sensor but we got a nasty egg smell and I was think would the converter do this? Or what do it sound like.

CHEVYII

February, 20, 2007 AT 3:46 PM

Well, I will answer loosely on this,

if I read this right, first you had the misfires and the 02 code and then the egg smell,
if so one or more of the 02 sensors went bad creating the random misfire, probably dumping raw fuel into the converter melting it inside,

replace the 02 that came up bad, check normal tune up item sand replace if needed, and reset pcm, you may need a converter but start with what you know is wrong