BRAKE PEDAL GOES TO FLOOR

Chevrolet

nate the dog

November, 17, 2006 AT 11:29 PM

02 chev 1500 4wd 45000mi Recently was told the rear pads were needed to be replaced. Once I started to do the job myself I noticed that the left side was at completely worn but the right side was almost perfect. I thought this was strange and the truck had been in a accident on the left side. I forced the piston back very slowly with a c-clamp and changed the pads. Once I was done the the pedal felt fine until you start the truck then it stops but has excessive travel to the floor. I have bleed the system still can't fix it. I have done this job many times in the same manner on many vehicles never had this problem. I changed the caliper on the side with the excessive wear still no help. Please help

badstang79

November, 18, 2006 AT 1:53 AM

I dont know how the brakes are set up on your truck, but I had a 92 k 1500 with the same problem. I replaced the wheel cylinder and it stopped doing it.

jimmbo2942

November, 20, 2006 AT 8:54 AM

Sounds like it could be the master cylinder or a problem in the ABS modulater.

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy