BRAKE LIGHTS NOT WORKING PROPERLY!

Chevrolet

lygree

I have a 1998 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34 with 3.1L V6 and I keep having a problem with my brake lights. They do not always work. I have checked the bulbs and everything is fine. I noticed that they quit working when I use my turn signals. Then sometimes they start working again when I use the turn signal again. But I have tried it several times and this is not always the case. However, I did discover that if they are not working I can brighten or dim my headlights and and they will begin working immediately every time. I am assuming it is something to do with the turn signal switch. I would appreciate any help you guys could offer on this issue. : D

Service Writer

The trun signal switch is what I was thinking as I read your post. Sometimes jiggling the switch from the lever or using the hazard button can get a reaction.

lygree

I was told inthe past to try turning the hazzard switch on and off a few times and this seemed to help in the past. However, I am not getting the same results.

Service Writer

January, 27, 2007 AT 6:39 AM

Fair chance you'll need to get into it to test it, but I would be prepared and make sure one is readily available, don't want to have to put it back together if it needs it.

Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
DRL Light Bulb Replacement